Building an Emotionally Intelligent Governance Team
This session is an online interactive review of why it’s important to build an effective and Emotionally Intelligent team. “Leadership is not domination. It’s the art of persuading people to work towards a common goal” – Daniel Goleman
Date: Tuesday 9th February 2021 – 6.30pm – Zoom
Trainer: Alan Richards, National Leader of Governance
There is too much involved in governance for one person to do it all on their own so this session looks at what needs to be done and how we can use the skills and abilities on the governing board to best effect. The session explores how to use a self-review of governance, roles and responsibilities of governors and how to conduct and report effective school visits. Governing bodies are recognised by the DfE and Ofsted as equal partners in leadership with the headteacher and senior management team so it’s essential to have everyone in the team fully engaged..
This interactive session will cover:
- Identifying Training needs from a governance self-review process
- Establishing action orientated governor roles and responsibilities
- Developing and writing an effective a Governance Action Plan
- Planning and reporting the outcomes of School Visits
- Supporting team development through coaching and mentoring
By the end of the session participants will:
- Have a clear understanding the training needs of their Governing Body
- Have identified specific governance roles and responsibilities
- Know how to construct an annual Governance Action Plan
- Understand their role and responsibilities in school visit
- Be prepared to find a coach or mentor for colleagues with new roles
Anyone in governance and school Senior Leadership who is passionate about School Improvement and improving outcomes for children.
To book a place this course please select the “Book Online” button above then select the course.
If you have any difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom training courses cost £10 per person.
Your school will be invoiced after the course.
If you book and are then unable to attend please email email@example.com, Phone 01226 790460 or cancel through the booking system from the email you receive.
Failure to do this may result in your school being charged.